- Bishop Oscar Cantu, the chairman of the U.S. Bishops’ Committee on International Justice and Peace, called for diplomacy and political engagement to resolve the differences between the U.S. and North Korea and avoid military conflict.
- Catholic Relief Services has just released a film focusing on the need to do away with orphanages around the world.
- At the end of July, Gov. Eric Greitens of Missouri signed Senate Bill 5, which some say could be the strongest pro-life legislation passed in many years.
- In honor of the 75th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Japan and the Holy See, a unique theater show was brought to the Vatican.
- Father David Hammond, a Navy chaplain who holds the rank of lieutenant, offered a Mass and prayers Aug. 6 for victims, survivors, and families of a Marine aircraft crash off the coast of Australia that killed three.
Kevin Nelson reports on Catholic news for August 8, 2017
- Former Archbishop of Milan, Cardinal Dionigi Tettamanzi, passes away
- Pope Francis to visit Myanmar?
- Vatican calls on Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro to respect nation's current constitution
- Pope Francis offers condolences to victims and survivors of deadly shooting during Mass in Ozubulu, Nigeri
- Irish Augustinian priests and American Catholic community in Rome work out housing deal
Kevin Nelson reports on Catholic news for August 4, 2017
- Supreme Knight Carl Anderson announced that Knights of Columbus were pledging to raise 2 million dollars to assist Christian families in returning to their homes in Iraq
- Iraqi forces reclaim Mosul from ISIS
- Archbishop of Detroit Allen Vigneron presided over private exhumation service of soon-to-be-beatified Capuchin priest Father Solanus Casey
- Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli and a choir of 60 children from the poorest areas of Haiti sing after Pope Francis' general audience
Kevin Nelson reports on Catholic news for July 28, 2017
- Pope Francis to launch "Share the Journey" campaign
- Hispanic-owned retailer Goya Foods donated ten thousand pounds of food to Catholic Charities of Boston in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Puerto Rican festival of Massachusetts
- Nearly 500 young people from around the world joined 1,000 Maronite Catholic youths from Lebanon for World Maronite Youth Days
- Federal Communications Commission has approved the merger of Relevant Radio and Immaculate Heart Radio
Kevin Nelson reports on Catholic news for September 4, 2018
- Pope Francis welcomes Oblates of St. Joseph to the Vatican
- Pope preaches about discerning when to speak and when to remain silent
- United Nations report says Myanmar's military leaders should be investigated for human rights abuses against Rohingya Muslims
- Archbishop Charles Chaput calls for Pope Francis to cancel the Synod of Bishops on young people and instead hold a Synod of Bishops on the life of bishops